Safer Neighbourhoods Ward Panels
This is the page for the St Leonards Ward Safer Neighbourhoods Panel, and a source of information for the people of the area on Safer Neighbourhoods issues.
The St Leonards panel was formed on the 14th of June 2006 for the first time, with minutes on the site here detailing the issues discussed and officially constituted on the 8th of January 2007. The constitution can be found here and the terms of reference of the Ward Panel are:
- Set, and oversee, the priorities of the St Leonards Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- Review these priorities on a regular basis and change them if necessary.
- Act as community representatives identifying issues of local concern which create fear of crime or affect the quality of life in an area.
- Assist the police and the community with engagement and information flow.
- Assist with problem solving and crime prevention activity.
- Carry out environmental audits of the ward.
- Provide the community with information on the status of, and progress with, the Ward team priorities.
We will keep you, the community, posted and updated on our work through this website, e-mail newsletters and site podcasts the community can download from our site. We do ask for your input towards formulating the team's priorities for the community.
Quarterly Panel Meeting open to all St Leonard's residents
The next meeting of the Safer Neighbourhood Ward Panel will be on Tuesday 19th April, 7 - 9 pm at ST Leonard's Church.